“The basic difference between DTCPing and DTCTester is as follows:”
1. You need to run the DTCPing on both the m\c.
2. You don’t need to give password in DTCPing whereas you type password on DTCTester. The password is visible to others on DTCTester so be careful.
3. You need to configure ODBC connection while using DTCTester whereas there is no need to configure ODBC connection while using DTCTester.
“How to run DTCTester:”
1. Login to m\c A and run DTCPing.exe.
2. Login to m\c B and run DTCPing.exe.
3. On m\c A, type the NetBIOS name of m\c B, and then click Ping.
4. On m\c B, type the NetBIOS name of m\c A, and then click Ping.
5. The log is created and the file name is displayed on the DTCPing screen as follows:
“The DTCPing performs following functions:”
1. Tests name resolution.
2. Tests Remote Procedure Call (RPC) communication.
3. Detects and display all the registry key settings touched by MS DTC.
4. DTCPing Tests DTC communication between the hosts.
5. Logs the connection communication in the log file.
“How to use DTCTester?”
This is explained as follows using screenshots. To use DTCTester you need to configure ODBC and then run a simple command. Go through the screenshots step by step.
INTERVIEW PREPARATION IN 30 MINs – Read Following wires for a quick interview preparation.
- SQL Server DBA “Interview Questions And Answers”
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 1
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 2
- Powershell Interview Questions and Answers
Along with technical learning I would like to share some great articles for anyone interested in the betterment of his/her family life
- Parental guidance how to control your kid in elementary school not obeying teacher
- Parental guidance for child development post terrible twos
- Parental guidance on how to handle child when they show their first infatuation at elementary school
- How to Handle fit of temper by fixing baby screen time
- Are Words Important
Online POWERSHELL and SQL Classes @ http://tuitionaffordable.webstarts.com