The following wire deals with understanding of robocopy with sql agent. Read for “Robocopy /IPG” Vs “Robocopy /MT”.
I asked my junior DBA to create a job as follows:
1. BACKUP database locally
2. VERIFY the backup
3. Copy with robocopy
First two tasks were ok but as soon as he tries for the third step, he always got failure. Robocopy copied the files but still showed failure. What is the resolution?
Resolution: Set the “Process Exit Code” = 1.
Along with technical learning I would like to share some great articles for anyone interested in the betterment of his/her family life
- Parental guidance how to control your kid in elementary school not obeying teacher
- Parental guidance for child development post terrible twos
- Parental guidance on how to handle child when they show their first infatuation at elementary school
- How to Handle fit of temper by fixing baby screen time
- Are Words Important
Good. The next question my DBA asked me… “Which one is better switch /IPG or /MT? So basically question was ROBOCOPY /IPG Vs /MT 🙂
robocopy E:\MSSQL\BAK \\networkpath bakfile /MT:32
robocopy E:\MSSQL\BAK \\networkpath bakfile /IPG:200
According to me this all depends on your network. MT is nothing but multi threading. More threading will consume more n\w resources.
IPG indicates as after how much time do you want to send next packet. If you have lesser value for /IMG then the data will be sent frequently and would cause more n\w traffic.
INTERVIEW PREPARATION IN 30 MINs – Read Following wires for a quick interview preparation.
- SQL Server DBA “Interview Questions And Answers”
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 1
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 2
- Powershell Interview Questions and Answers
Online SQL/Powershell Classes @ http://tuitionaffordable.webstarts.com