Following command can be used to modify the datafiles’ autogrowth and confirm the RESTRICTED SIZE for any data file. This is required so that the DB file doesn’t grow unlimited and cause disk space issues.
ALTER DATABASE SelfCareDB MODIFY FILE ( NAME =N’SelfCareDB_Index’, MAXSIZE =7MB, FILEGROWTH = 10%)
This works always but something went wrong. The reason is that Filegrowth was in MB. This was 10MB and I was trying to have this only 7MB. This is a fault because the minimum this can grow is 10MB.
This can be solved in any of the following manner:
1. change the autogrowth to %.
2. change the MAXSIZE =7MB to MAXSIZE =10MB or greater than 10MB.
3. change the autogrowth to less than 7 MB.
INTERVIEW PREPARATION IN 30 MINs – Read Following wires for a quick interview preparation.
- SQL Server DBA “Interview Questions And Answers”
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 1
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers Part – 2
- Powershell Interview Questions and Answers
Online SQL/Powershell Classes @ http://tuitionaffordable.webstarts.com